Z Adventures in partnership with The Sister Marathons Peace Initiative presents the BHUTAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON 2018 in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan.
Amidst the wonders of high mountains and deep valleys where compassion and wisdom are the benchmarks against which all things are measured, you will experience the ancient and harmonious Buddhist traditions resonating in all living things, where the King rules by “Gross National Happiness."
Each day's rich slate of activities consist of scenic group runs and cultural encounters with local people and officials. As either a spectator, volunteer or runner, this once-in-a-lifetime adventure culminates with your participation in the Bhutan International Marathon or Half Marathon. To travel with the Sister Marathons Peace Initiative is to experience the mystical Kingdom of Bhutan as never before: where nature and cultural are center-stage and we are small, awed spectators, moved by wonder.
Philanthropy through Travel: 100% of this destination trip goes to charity!
WHEN & WHERE:
Feb 28-March 6, 2018
Kingdom of Bhutan
7 days / 6 nights
Photos from Bhutan Marathon
DAY 1: FLY FROM BANGKOK, THAILAND TO PARO, BHUTAN
- Introductions and welcome addresses
- Private excursions with personal guides
- Visit Paro fortresses and temples
- Optional: Spas, massages and hot stone baths
- Group dinner and lectures
- Overnight Paro, Bhutan
DAY 2: TIGER’S NEST MONASTERY HIKE AND RUNNING ADVENTURE
- Hike the Tigers Nest (pictured)
- Hang prayer flags
- Lunch at base of Tigers Nest
- Cultural sightseeing
- Overnight Paro, Bhutan
DAY 3: PUNAKHA: RACE DAY PREPARATION AT DANCHEN RESORT
- Transfer through stunning valleys to Punakha
- Cultural interactions with Bhutanese runners.
- Pre race breifing
- Motivational talk
- Group dinner
- Overnight Punakha, Bhutan
DAY 4: SATURDAY, MARCH 4… RACE DAY! FULL AND HALF MARATHON.
- The Bhutan International Marathon
- Awards ceremony
- Post race festivities
DAYS 5 & 6: THIMPHU
- Transfer from Punakha to the capital city of Thimphu
- Silent auction and charity dinner
- Private dinners in homes of Bhutanese officials
- Visit the Buddha Dordenma
- Visit the Motithang Takin Sanctuary
- Visit the magnificent Tashichhodzong
- Immerse yourself in cultural shows with mask dances.
- Circumvent the National Memorial Chorten along with the locals.
- Overnight in Thimphu
DAY 7: PARO / DEPART
- Early morning breakfast.
- Transfer to Paro.
- Depart back to Bankok, Thailand.
INCLUDED IN THE TRIP:
- Round trip economy flight ticket from Bangkok, Thailand to Paro, Bhutan on Bhutan Airlines.
- All Accommodations and meals in 3 star hotels
- All government visas
- All guides, vehicles and drivers
- Standard non-alcoholic beverages.
- All internal transfers
- All cultural activities
- All running retreat activities
- Airfare from your hometown to the departure city of Bangkok, Thailand.
- Passport fees and visa photos as required
- Bhutan International Marathon or Half Marathon registration fees ($175 for the Full; $125 for the Half).
- Personal items such as wines, liquors, a-la-carte orders, meals other than specified.
- Spas and hot-stone baths.
- Room service and valet/laundry service.
- Expenses incurred by our tour operators in making individual travel arrangements in conjunction with the tour.
- Any overnight stays or costs in Bangkok, Thailand prior to or after the package trip to Bhutan.
- Phone calls and Internet.
- Other items not specifically mentioned as included.
- Phone calls and Internet where available.
Deposits, Payments and Cancellation
Please be advised: This trip originates and ends in Bangkok, Thailand.
All participants are responsible for their international airfare and any overnights in Bangkok.
Deposit: USD 995
Total including deposit: USD 3,995
After September 1, 2017
Deposit: USD 995
Total including deposit: USD 4,295
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS POLICY
Once you make a $995 deposit, your space in the Bhutan Retreat is reserved and confirmed.
- 30 Days after deposit: $1,000 trip payment is required
- By October 1, 2017: $2,000 final trip payment is required
REFUNDS & CANCELLATION POLICY
- 100% Trip Refundable: by September 30, 2017
- 75% Trip Refundable: by October 31, 2017
- 50% Trip Refundable: by December 15, 2017
No refunds after December 15, 2017.
*After December 15, 2017, all your flights, visas and accommodations have been paid to the Bhutan government and can’t be refunded.